Dark Rebirth
I unleashed a lethal firestorm over my entire kingdom, scorching everything to cinders before walking into the heart of the inferno I had summoned forth. As the fires consumed me, I knew I would rise once more from the ashes, as the legendary phoenix rises from its funeral pyre. And I have.
It took me a few days to muster up the courage to tame my mind and recreate what I've burned away, and new threads shuttle back and forth over the weaving of my life. Each new incarnation is stronger and hardier than the last, but there are drawbacks. Phoenixes are creatures of fire, but I think there is a dark side to everything. Every time I rise from the ashes of death, I become colder and sharper, a dark phoenix if ever there was one. It is only fitting therefore, that I label my new blog as such, while keeping the memory of the old one alive. It served me well for two years. I have chosen to name my new blog Illucis, an amalgamation of the Latin words Illuminare and Lucis. The old one was Obscurans, marking the darkest period in my life. A life without the things I treasured and loved. That will change, as I have.
The sun has risen, and the fires within me surge up to greet the heat of the new day. I have buried the shadows of my past once more, and when they rise up to destroy me again, I will voluntarily hurl myself into a fiery grave, secure in the knowledge that I will be reborn from such deaths. Nothing can harm me now, not while my fires are young and burn with fierce passion. Such intensity keeps pain at bay, for the darkness inherent within me has yet to surface. It will make its presence known later when the sun dies and the moon usurps his throne up in the heavens. Then the dark fires will flood my veins and I am free to rebuild my empire from everything that I have destroyed. For now, I am content to let the sun's golden beams warm me. I have been reborn, into a new incarnation, and while I am in essence still the same, I am not the same person I was a few weeks ago, before Azrael transformed me. So hurrah and all that, I am back: faster, stronger, and wiser.
Some fires are eternal, J.
It took me a few days to muster up the courage to tame my mind and recreate what I've burned away, and new threads shuttle back and forth over the weaving of my life. Each new incarnation is stronger and hardier than the last, but there are drawbacks. Phoenixes are creatures of fire, but I think there is a dark side to everything. Every time I rise from the ashes of death, I become colder and sharper, a dark phoenix if ever there was one. It is only fitting therefore, that I label my new blog as such, while keeping the memory of the old one alive. It served me well for two years. I have chosen to name my new blog Illucis, an amalgamation of the Latin words Illuminare and Lucis. The old one was Obscurans, marking the darkest period in my life. A life without the things I treasured and loved. That will change, as I have.
The sun has risen, and the fires within me surge up to greet the heat of the new day. I have buried the shadows of my past once more, and when they rise up to destroy me again, I will voluntarily hurl myself into a fiery grave, secure in the knowledge that I will be reborn from such deaths. Nothing can harm me now, not while my fires are young and burn with fierce passion. Such intensity keeps pain at bay, for the darkness inherent within me has yet to surface. It will make its presence known later when the sun dies and the moon usurps his throne up in the heavens. Then the dark fires will flood my veins and I am free to rebuild my empire from everything that I have destroyed. For now, I am content to let the sun's golden beams warm me. I have been reborn, into a new incarnation, and while I am in essence still the same, I am not the same person I was a few weeks ago, before Azrael transformed me. So hurrah and all that, I am back: faster, stronger, and wiser.
Some fires are eternal, J.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home