Dark Fires
A slight chill descends over the island of Singapore, and the air tingles with energy: a prelude to the coming storm. I have given myself fifteen minutes to zone out before beginning my day. First stop: Yushaa's house. I have conquered the wild beast within Cherry, and now she bows down before me in fear. She actually shakes in fright whenever she sees me coming. *feels evil* That is how it should be. My dark fires have returned in full force, and suddenly I am unafraid of anything and anyone. Something from deep inside me is reaching out for the storm, and I think I've lazed enough of the morning away. It is now 12:30pm, and the sun cannot burn me today, not while my own fires shield me from such heat, and not when the black clouds above me whisper their own promises of protection and empowerment. There is something truly empowering about watching the forces of nature unfolding before my own mortal eyes. It is a privilege, one I will take full advantage of. I'll leave the house soon, and it will feel good to have something as beautiful as the thunderstorm to distract me while I fulfill my duties for the day. I love lightning, I love storms. It is a fantasy of mine to be standing atop a cliff overlooking the sea while a thunderstorm breaks out over me. The roaring waves sing in harmony with the rumbling thunder, and the ousting winds struggle for dominance with the lashing drops of rain. The chill will make one appreciate the warmth of life even more. I think I've scorched J with my words, but his silence means nothing to me anymore. I feel terribly dark and uncontrolled as the minutes tick by quietly. The chains of conformity have never managed to bind me. The clouds continue to gather overhead, as I rein in the black fires within me. For now.
Unleash your wrath upon this earth.
Unleash your wrath upon this earth.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home