Friday, November 9, 2007

Dark Throne

I scent danger on the wind; in my mind, I hear the screams of a hundred angels as they fall from their heavenly thrones. The stars, the moon...have been obscured by dark clouds. As darkness blankets the earth, I feel myself being swallowed up by the element that so fascinates me. My eyes have reddened, and heat emanates from my being. It is as though I am standing on tarred ground at noon. I cannot understand it. Dawn is still a good two hours away. Perhaps it is a physical response to the imminent threats that are looming on the horizon. His silence wounds me more than I can say. I have raised an entire empire from the ashes of the old one, and it continues to flourish under my watchful eye. Still more needs to be done, but I am taking one step at a time. It is Friday, and my freedom is now metered. Each day that slips past is a day lost. The legion of spirits have fallen silent before my new incarnation, in fact, it seems as though they've fled from me. Yet the throne of a ruler is an lonely one without a consort, and while I rebuild what I've razed, I secretly yearn for his warmth and affection. Two days without his touch, and I am already wilting. I have been kept busy for a few weeks, with a new project to attend to every day. I have yet to complete the admin work from last week, but I keep putting it off in favour of more mindless tasks. Dead bodies litter my castle, and I cannot find it in me to clear them out. The taint of death does not scare me, but I cannot bear to see the fragility of life. How precious, as beautiful and yet no stronger than a crystal vase. I live and breathe, and hope each day for Yammy. When he arrives, all the pain and lingering guilt that still burn unseen within my heart will be unleashed. Pandora would be at home in my mind and heart. I will unlock each and every secret within me, and allow my new piano to be the voice for my silent tears and fears. A shower of leaves rained down on me as I walked through the dark gardens earlier in the night, and I stood in silence for a while, letting the winds pluck mischievously at my clothes and hair. Cats watched me as they slunk around the dark grounds, but for once, I did not call. My mind and heart were stilled as nature promised me another thunderstorm. As I rose to the 6th floor, and unlocked my gate, another strong gust of wind whispered through the trees. I whispered a quiet goodnight to all the dancers of Night, and closed the door behind me.
I find it kinda funny,
I find it kinda sad.
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home