Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dark Twists

In an ironic twist of Fate, the very same boy that had me swooning a few weeks ago has now begun to annoy me with his sweet gestures. "Go to bed, it's late, you have work tomorrow..." Right. Last week, he invited me out for breakfast, and I declined, saying I had no money. He shrugged, and came back half an hour later with a bottle of green tea and some buns for me. Sigh. Maybe I do have intimacy issues. What have I become? From a powerful figure cloaked in mystery to a mere mortal. Ah, regret. Still, I have continued my quest to replenish what was taken from me, and his tainted touch is fading from my memory. Sleep still eludes me on nights like these, when the shadows rise as one and materialise before me. The lone angel that was perched atop my ornate gates remains a mystery to me, but I know he is one of the fallen. Wings flared wide, eyes aglow, we contemplated each other in silence before I turned and walked back into my sanctuary. This space where protection is etched into the very walls. For a moment, a fleeting one, I thought that perhaps Gabriel had come to watch over me while I battled my illness. Alas, my hopes were dashed the instant I saw the unnamed angel's tattered wings and felt the dark aura emanating from him. Justin has returned with his heart in pieces. I laughed wistfully when he playfully blamed me for not keeping him by my side. Justin, Justin. If only I was selfish enough to do so. Perhaps you would have kept my dark nature dormant, and I would have ensured that your precious heart remained whole. *shrugs* Soon the moon will fall from her throne, and the sun will chase her lingering shadows away. And I will rise from this dark grave to return to the world of the living, mending more bridges and counting down the days when I will be free from the shackles of society at long last. I can't believe I survived 2 years of chains. I must thank my girls, especially Yushaa for having stood by me in my times of darkness. Again, I am one who craves darkness and solitude, so I apologise if my disappearances lately have caused any grief. There is something freeing about being alone with my thoughts as the trees whisper to the winds. He would call me a romantic if he was here. Sigh. R, wherever you are, I hope the angels are watching over you and may you be blessed with the son you've been longing for all these years. I should go to bed, even if I don't feel like it. Glenn is nagging. Sigh. Disenchantment is a bitch after the initial sweetness of young love. He's gonna wake me up for work later so I won't be late again. Is that sweet or what? *makes faces* Can't believe I was swooning over him just a few weeks ago.
Be careful what you wish for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home