Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dark Challenge

Each word is an icy dagger, a shard that splinters straight into the heart, freezing blood as I twist it deeper. I am in a dangerous mood tonight, having just told W that I'm not going with him to 'graze with the rest of the herd'. I wield my blades again tonight, walking carelessly down the dark cobbled paths that lead to this dark mansion where candle flames flicker eerily through the shadows that greet me like old friends. Why should I fear anything? I have seen into the deepest recesses of the human heart, have observed first hand the darkness that flows out from the creatures of the damned, and witnessed Death in all His obscene glory. Nothing frightens me. It makes me that much more dangerous. I have ripped through my own safeguards, and now the night births me into my darkest incarnation yet. I am unafraid of the consequences, and each sure word that I fire off into the night rings with toxic truth. I know that when I finally stand in front of the glossy mirror that fascinates me so, I will wonder which demon has managed to mimic my form tonight. I have shot down each fiery arrow that lances towards me, and retaliated with icy blades doused in my own legendary toxins. Come morning, the crows will start cawing at me from the gates, and I will frantically be mixing up antidotes to salve the wounds that I myself have caused. But for tonight, let me careen on blindly through this destructive path that I've managed to land myself in. W, I blame you. And you too, MC, and you most of all LC. *raises middle finger in salute*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home