Dark Rising
I have slackened my hold on my fiery reins. Not released them completely, just loosened my grip. As my fiery nature asserts itself, and my wrath descends upon the unfortunate, I watch coldly, in complete opposition to my natural element. I am detached for now, as I summon my toxic flaming swords in both hands and unleash my firestorm. This is my greatest power: to destroy. As the Lunar Queen holds court in her celestial throneroom, I wreak havoc across the plains, levelling entire mountains because I finally realise...I am in pain. It was all an illusion. Yet how I'd hoped. And now I have risen once more, firmly rooted in my origins and destiny, anchored by my beliefs and powered by my rage. Odd how I can rise and fall at the same time. I have risen to power, yes, unleashed a terrible storm in more ways than one, and yet...I have fallen from grace. And something deep inside me knows instinctively that what I destroy can never be rebuilt. And in the eyes of my subject, I, the wise Ruler of my Kingdom, have fallen, to be replaced by a merciless, blood-thirsty demon. Eventually the storm will calm, the fires dim to embers, and my own pain dulled with the passage of time. But for tonight, as I hold all the power in my hands, I feel nothing but a detached sense of freedom. It has been too long since I invoked my dark side. So be it. Raze and burn. I will raise a new empire from the ashes of the old one, as I've always done. Constructs and illusions are my forte. Destroy this one, what does it matter? I shall create a new one, so powerful I will lose myself in it. Maybe I've already created it, and all I have to do is play by my own rules.
There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven–
A time to give birth, and a time to die; A time to plant, and a time to uproot what is planted.
A time to kill, and a time to heal; A time to tear down, and a time to build up.
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; A time to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to throw stones, and a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, and a time to shun embracing.
A time to search, and a time to give up as lost; A time to keep, and a time to throw away.
A time to tear apart, and a time to sew together; A time to be silent, and a time to speak.
A time to love, and a time to hate; A time for war, and a time for peace
There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven–
A time to give birth, and a time to die; A time to plant, and a time to uproot what is planted.
A time to kill, and a time to heal; A time to tear down, and a time to build up.
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; A time to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to throw stones, and a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, and a time to shun embracing.
A time to search, and a time to give up as lost; A time to keep, and a time to throw away.
A time to tear apart, and a time to sew together; A time to be silent, and a time to speak.
A time to love, and a time to hate; A time for war, and a time for peace


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home