Dark Illness
The moment I woke up this morning, I knew I was in trouble. A rippling wave of fire traced its way through my abdomen, intensifying whenever I moved. Now, twelve hours later, it still burns as fiercely. The pain makes me cringe whenever I have to move, and I can scarcely breathe. I know the reason. I can feel the toxins running through my system. Nausea threatens to overwhelm me. Instinctively, I find myself drifting towards the door, needing to run to escape the pain of my own body. Night has descended, and her cool touch soothes me slightly. I am dewed in sweat, and I can feel the poison wreaking havoc in me. I think a long cool shower will help. The food I've wolfed down ten minutes ago is in danger of being expelled before it can be properly digested. Being ill sucks. I have not been taking in enough fluids, and that only exacerbates the problem. Electrolyte imbalance and all that medical mumbo-jumbo the hospital kept harping on about. My body's sodium levels are through the roof, and I can scent the air thickening as I breathe it in. *cringes* I have no intention of wasting an entire night on something as trivial as unconsciousness, but the pain razoring through my body is intense enough to almost eclipse rational thought. Almost. I will fight this, as I have fought everything else. I need water to dilute the sodium in my system. Then I'll take a shower and rest. A slow migraine has begun to drill its way through my skull. That's it. No more salty foods for the next few days, and plenty of water. *curses*


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home