Dark Night
Do you not know that my heart bleeds for you? Do you not sense the turmoil within me, do you not see the pain that colours my soul? I am wilting, slowly but surely, the way a rose left out in the desert withers to ash. I cannot articulate the pain that envelops my soul, and I am terribly afraid that in my blind state, I will end up hurting the very people who care for me. Gabriel, never have I needed your guidance more. He wept in my arms, but I let him go in good faith and he has shown every sign of rebuilding what I single-handedly destroyed. My own might frightens me, and I fear the mares that run rampant through the night. My elation at having located the scores to my song, the song that reverberates through my being, has faded. In its place is a dizzyingly bitter brew of self-recrimination and regret. All I want is a small measure of peace, something that I have sought for many years but have never found. Is that too much to ask for? Did you ever love me? When the time comes, I will bare my soul and not be afraid of the shadows that lurk in me. I no longer have my obsidian instrument to ease my pain, and I fear that in the days to come, I will go insane from the magnitude of what I am feeling.
A night without armour.
A night without armour.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home