Dark Chill
The night is cold and unfamiliar. I sit alone at the table and shiver, wondering when this friend became foe. Have I forgotten how chilly the nocturnal winds can be? 2 weeks, and already I cannot find my way in the dark. Imminent defeat leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Dawn is moments away, and I cannot find it in me to face the world and see my failures magnified a thousandfold in the clear light of day. I stand on shaky ground, and when the earth holding me up finally collapses, will strength of spirit alone be enough to lift me up? Only time will tell. As it creeps past me, and the sands in the hourglass falls like diamonds through my fingers, I whisper a final goodbye to the Night that for so long was a friend, and now seems as foreign to me as the concept of trust.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home