Dark Flight
The time has come for me to spread my tattered wings and fly away from this quiet little nook. The cats have hidden themselves from sight, and my father's coldness is beginning to take its toll on me. I should go. That thought sends a little jolt of adrenaline through me. I should start packing and fly away back to my piano, and my forgotten music. I've barely spoken two sentences to him. As we pass each other wordlessly in the corridors, I flinch inside at what we've become. Strangers to each other, and all I want to do is close the distance between us. I'm no stranger to losing the people I care about, but he was the closest thing to a father that I had. I know how to detach myself from my conflicting emotions though, and for the past week that's what I've been doing. Today however, that emotional numbness is wearing off and I find myself growing sharper and snapping at everyone who's ticked me off. Sigh. Maybe that's why my cats have hidden. When the rays of the sun glow a deep amber in the afternoon, signaling his impending death, I will make my way home.
Do you resent me for having said yes?
Do you resent me for having said yes?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home