Psychic Orbit
The world spins on its axis, moving in time to its own rhythm, following an ageless orbit through the black mass of space. If we are to believe that destinies are the same, then whose orbits do we follow? Are we allowed to dictate our own paths? Or do unforeseen circumstances wrest that power out of our hands? Are we all mindless puppets for some higher power? Now isn't that thought frightening. I once read somewhere, or maybe someone told it to me, that God is like a little kid with an ant farm. That is, if he exists. If, and this is a purely hypothetical question, if our destinies are controlled by forces greater than ourselves, is it possible for us to rip through the veil and seize control? But then again, one could always argue that we were destined to attempt to control our destinies. If I move in time to my own orbit, and I pave my own path, then even if it leads me to hell I will stay the course and not falter. Yammy sits quietly behind me, adjusting to his new surroundings. I have, on a whim, placed him against the wall that makes up my corner. So tonight I have to find a new sleeping spot. Not that I will be doing much sleeping anyway. *sigh* If destinies are truly controlled by forces greater than us, then I shudder at the very thought. We are at the mercy of uncaring deities if you follow that thought-train. I felt my heart melting today, thawing out slightly before events snowballed to freeze it back in its icy cage of thorns. Regardless. My time is running out, and I have accomplished my goal. Now all that remains is to practice, and practice and practice. And in two years, hopefully I'll have everything I need to survive. And my strategy against life begins.
I'm beginning my own orbit.
I'm beginning my own orbit.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home