Friday, February 22, 2008

Dark Demons

The desperate scramble to save what's left of my kingdom begins. I am tired, weary beyond belief. It seems that the only solution is for me to face my fears, and the many vicious entities that inhabit the place that is, to my eyes, a lesser hell than the one I currently reside in. It's goodbye to my piano once again, goodbye to my uncertain security and hello to new demons. And this time, they don't come from within. No, I was there last night, and the chill in the air was an ominous warning. If I get incarcerated there, then I will use my time to delve deeper into the theories that have presented themselves before me. I feel bitter, and my sarcasm is flavoured with cruelty on this fine Friday afternoon. In 6 hours the sun will set, and the many shadows will emerge, screaming and weeping for salvation. How can I help them when I can barely help myself? The threads of Fate are easy to manipulate for those who can see the weaving as a whole. Yet my conscience sighs ever so softly, and I hesitate to add my own colours to the work of Fate. While I deliberate on what to do, Time continues to exert his influence over the clocks in the house. Damn him. I will leave this warm castle for the chill dungeons where countless souls suffer, even in death. I cannot grant them release, but perhaps I can lessen their pain, and in turn, ease my own pain. I don't think anyone understands how heart-wrenching the screams of the damned can be.
You curse me with your 'gift', Gabriel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home