Dark Bender
The toxic swirl of emotion has left me weakened and on my knees. The silence deafens me, but as I stand on my elevated tower and survey the chaos that I unleashed with these two hands, I feel detached. A tiny part of me wants to salvage what's left, but I know I don't have it in me. The alcohol has left me dizzy, and the emotions that ravaged me has taken whatever I had left. I don't want to keep fighting. Tomorrow I will see if I have any strength left to deal with the consequences. I don't give a shit. It's out of my hands now. If need be, I will call to my aid the great demons of Illusion and It-Never-Happened. My brothers in arms, and they will heed my soft song of regret. *sigh* The night is dark, and my veins are filled with sadness. It was never meant to be, and should anything ripple outward from these events, I have only myself to blame. My heart whispers softly for the night to purge me of the remnants of my shame. When the sun rises, I will try to put things right. And after that...who knows. The darkness has staked a claim upon my immortal soul, and for once, I lay my swords quietly on the ground in silent defeat. I have been defeated at long last, and though my blades are stained with blood, they are also stained with regret, and I have breathed my last in this battle. It is goodbye to my long fight, and perhaps now is the time for me at long last to rest. On that note, I end this post, with a heavy and broken heart. I walk away from this fight after my last attempt to right this wrong. Then the darkness will claim me, and I will not resist. Not anymore. I swear, my hands will never feel the weight of my blades ever again. I was never meant to hold this much power and responsibility. I will never bend again. The universe will just have to find someone else to wield my swords. I give up, Gabriel. I don't want to bend anyone else to my will. Goodnight.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home