Dark Reins
The pretty horses neigh softly, nudging me gently with their wet noses. My beautiful mares of the night, with fiery manes and glowing red eyes. Their hooves strike the pavement, and sparks fly. The reins are in my hands, my carriage of darkness awaits. The winds grow still, and I sense a cloud of fear rising up to choke me. Is it my own fear that paralyses me, or the fear that emanates from the people around me? I don't know, and I no longer care. My mares are growing impatient, but still I stand undecided. Do I ride the night skies with nothing but my crown and my powers, and fulfill what I set out to do? Or do I hold back the reins, and restrain the darkness that swells up with the rising of the moon? My mares fidget restlessly as I stand and ponder my next move. They understand that their time is limited, that the sun will rise soon and force them to flee. Their black coats ripple as they move, and I absently reach out to feel the smoothness of these dark creatures who came to take me away. How many people have been hurt or inconvenienced in my quest for personal glory, for answers, for self-gratification? Sure, I could kid myself that the world owes me for all the pain I've been through, but really...I'm just perpetuating the cycle. *sighs* It is one in the morning. Five more hours till sunrise, when my dark illusions will be dispelled and my mares will fade away before the light of the sun. I understand the nature of darkness better than most people, with my crown of thorns and my shadowed past. Will I ride out this storm on my own, or do I allow the night mares to bring me away from one hell to another? *closes eyes* Give me an answer, Gabriel, as your old friend Lucifer attempts to lure me away from the path you've set me on. Old friends, old nemesis, what does it matter really? Light and dark have both left indelible marks on my soul. But which will win out?
I am lost, but my horses are ready. What do I do?
I am lost, but my horses are ready. What do I do?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home