Dark Striations
My aura is streaked with ribbons of black, a reflection of my own twisted heritage and upbringing. Someday, the Victorian mansion in my mind will be a reality, and the crows will flock to my wrought iron gates and gardens on wings of black. Someday. For today, I have to learn to spread my own tattered wings and make my way home from the building where restless souls still roam the corridors. My energy is down to embers, and I have no idea how I will handle the test. From 8am to 4pm. I need someone there with me, someone to lend me light while I fight the darkness, but it is too much to ask for. I shall have to draw on other sources instead, my music, my writings, the laughter and joy that I have managed to capture in my tiny device. I hope it will be enough. The lack of sleep will cloud my mind and impair my judgment, but somehow...I have faith that I will make it home in one piece. After all, what darkness can touch me? Lucifer has already staked a claim on me. No one else will harm me. I am so tired; I long to close my eyes and drift off into the great void of sleep. Damn this test. I doubt they will find an explanation for my curse. He has returned, but I feel no joy. A wingless angel masquerading as the savior of the fallen. I think my mind has gone ramble-y from exhaustion. Never mind. Tomorrow, I will be able to rest, however briefly, and return to face the wrath of a mortal man on Wednesday. R has left me at long last, after years of hesitation and second thoughts. I draw my wings closer around my naked form, and think to myself about the irony of life as only I can see it. I am alone, as I have always been. My darkest moment is coming, I sense it. Where will I draw strength from? The pain is a wicked entity that enjoys mocking me, whispering enticing promises of salvation. Yet I know deep down that my body is so much stronger than my mind, that I will heal and not die, no matter how injured I may be physically. The blood still flows, the pain still throbs, but in time I will heal. God. Damn. It. I have rambled on enough to the uncaring Gods of the Internet. Now I shall return to my favourite night-time activity: watching South Park and Family Guy and playing 7th Saga. I have given up on Esuna, and am now restarting using Valsu. Should be promising. I like the arsenal of spells that Esuna had, but Valsu offers more options in battle strategies. *snores*
Gabriel, when will this fight end?
Gabriel, when will this fight end?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home