Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dark Projection

The little boy from my past has come back to haunt me. In waking dreams I used to see him, a sad apparition looking directly at me with haunted eyes. Today I realise...that boy is me. Who I used to be. We were talking of projections, Yushaa and I. How my illusions slipped tonight, revealing the depth of the darkness that I conceal within my person. And I came to realise that that little boy who has stalked me through my life is a projection of innocence lost. Everything clicks now. The doctor's diagnosis, my driftings, my dissociative tendencies, everything falls into place. Like pieces of a puzzle, cliched as it sounds. As the most recent wave of depression swamps me, I find myself numb, going with the flow. I am lost. I am considering taking a vow of silence. If the world will not heed my cries, then I shall silence my voice, since it goes unheard in the general orchestra of the universe. I'm tired of talking, but not being heard. Resentment has warped my heart slightly, I'll allow that. Alright. It shall be a gradual loss. I'll slowly stop talking. And tomorrow, I'll see the doctor. We'll see how he handles an onslaught of darkness from me. I don't know how I'll get through this, but again, as that cliche goes, the night is darkest before the dawn. The little boy watches me solemnly, a phantom that has been displaced from his own time. Gabriel, you're nothing more than a name to me now. You failed to protect him from the horrors of the world he lived in, and now I'm forced to live out this hellish existence. I damn you for that.
The projection of reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home