Monday, November 12, 2007

Dark Seclusion

Such empty words, yet they still bring me to tears. You can always talk to me. Why do we still continue this charade? The sun is rising, I can feel the heat in the air, burning my darkness away. I will never leave you. Are they just words to you? Empty of all deeper meaning? Perhaps you are just that shallow, and I was wrong to have trusted you. I drifted in and out of sleep, fighting through a dozen nightmares all at once until I finally clawed my way back to consciousness. Dreams in which I die, dreams in which people I love leave me, unexpressed fears that torment me when I surrender all mental control to the sandman, damn him. I know my time is limited, and I know that I have every right to be afraid. My ties to the other side have not given me faith in what lies beyond. Again, the offer of closing everything off and the prospect of becoming normal enough to pass off as another face in the crowd is tempting. I find myself alone, with a gleaming obsidian instrument that soothes the ragged edges of my soul simply by being close to me. I tried seeking solace in him, but when I was faced with his concern, I froze up and slipped quietly away. The skies are glowing a light blue, dawn's chariot has touched down on this Earth. Shall I welcome it, as I welcome the inky blackness of night? For what is the difference, when one has been blinded? All is night, all is dark. Ed's coming over at noon. I have not lost all hope, not yet. If my pain would be made manifest, there would be a huge thunderstorm brewing over the city right about now. I have shunned human contact for a while now, citing a mysterious illness. Perhaps my views on seclusion will have changed after the Sun has purged my soul of all darkness, even if only for a while. True darkness lingers on, never vanquished. Maybe I am a child of darkness after all. In which case then, you would have been right. It is useless to depend on me for anything, because I will only lounge on my dark throne and watch the fallen writhe in agony before me. It is all I am fit for, a dark throne moulded out of the darkness of my own heart's blood. I truly believe I can give no more. In days to come, this blackness will recede, but for now I reign over my kingdom as my attendants Silence and Loneliness serve me unfailingly.
Give me your heart and I will give up my kingdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home