Dark Thoughts II
The weak sunlight does nothing to dispel my darkness. In my mind, the legion of spirits have begun to march towards me once more, and I am faced with the prospect of fighting them alone. It does not frighten me. Why should it? This fight is forever, and I have that long to perfect my strategy against the darkness that longs to consume me. If I fall, I will rise from the grave to continue the battle. It is a curse. Gone are the visions of heaven, where green valleys wave hello to me as the winds envelop me in their gentle embrace. I have slept during the night, but I do not feel remotely rested. How can I be, when my dreams were haunted by visions of the dead and dying? Watching the mass of humanity bustling about below makes me feel even more detached. Again, the thought ghosts through my mind: I don't belong here. I feel heavy, as though I have traded places with Atlas and the weight of the world rests on my shoulders. But therein lies my salvation. If I can feel, then I can use the gift of emotion to rise out of the abyss into which I've fallen. But right now, I am completely at home in the dark pits of hell. My eyes have begun to turn red, and I know I will need to curl up soon in the darkest corner of my castle and seek relief from the heat of the day. I have disappointed far too many people to ever be granted salvation. Perhaps it is time I accepted my curse of eternal damnation with dignity befitting my stature.
A lesser man would fall under the sheer weight of my mind.
A lesser man would fall under the sheer weight of my mind.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home