Thursday, December 6, 2007

Psychic Healing

The clouds have unleashed their burden, and it seems to me that my secret wish for a powerful, uber thunderstorm has been granted. It stormed for hours today, and I felt soothed as the winds roared through the trees. It is a rare privilege to men to see Nature in all her unbridled glory. At times I fancied the deluge of water would drown the entire island. The rain came down in torrential sheets, and all my mortal pain and fears melted away. How insignificant such issues become. In less than five minutes, my worries vanished entirely. I was content to close my eyes and listen to the soothing words of Mother Nature as she whispered ancient secrets to all her children. To quote someone, "Water is life!" Heh. Well anyway. Some people like to wax lyrical about the state of the earth after a good thunderstorm. I think it's utter crap. It's humid, the air is so still it's practically dead, and you can't breathe without choking on the swarms of insects yhat begin to emerge from amongst the emerald leaves. I prefer it when the air is thick and heavy with the promise of rain, and I especially like to be out in a powerful thunderstorm. Call me crazy, but hey. I've been called far worse. I tend to think a lot when I'm out walking, so I often take long walks to reflect on the issues that trouble me. I've been told that I walk extremely fast when I'm thinking, and usually I'll find myself miles away from where I started out from. Most of the time I confine my walks/reflections to the reservoir, and recently the winds have been playfully gusting along the paths, distracting me from my thoughts. I can't help but laugh out loud at the joy of living when the winds swirl around my physical form, and if I close my eyes, I can almost imagine that my feet are no longer in contact with the ground. Nature has never failed to heal me, and the monsoon season almost always sees me happy and generally more cheerful. I hardly care that J has broken his promise to me yet again, nor do I care that R has vanished after one last cryptic message to me. I have the winds, constant companions, I have the stars, and quite recently, I have found myself smiling a lot for no particular reason. I do believe that I am no longer a child of 14, regardless of what R says. I have no use for money, or for the trappings of luxury that come with it. As long as I have my piano, a windy residence, thunderstorms, and a garden overflowing with blossoms and flowers of a thousand colours, my heart is at peace. It sounds odd for me to say that, because peace is such a rarity in the cesspool of my life, but for these past few days, I have been quite happy. I hope it storms again tomorrow. I'm going out shopping with the 'rents for my supplies. =) My mum is moving out this Saturday, even though she doesn't want me to know. My dad's wife called me two days ago, asking me if I would like to come over on Sunday and help them move too. Is it just coincidence that both sets of parents are moving out this weekend? I don't know how the family dynamics will change after this, and I don't exactly know where I will be staying for the next two years. I don't mind living with my dad and his wife, but....I don't want to live with my grandma! I just escaped that! :P Eh. I'm beginning to ramble on and on. Sidenote: I love Yammy. I love having a decent conversation with him when it starts to get dark and cloudy, and the haunting melodies begin to weave throughout my dark castle. For this week, I will not worry. Let me be free from all earthly cares, even if just for a while. Things usually pan out anyway. =) Oh! Two cats (I mentally named them Xiao Hei and Xiao Bai) came purring up to me as I was walking towards the gardens this evening. They were soooo affectionate, but it took me quite some time to gain Xiao Hei's trust. I have grown used to this place, have memorised every nook and cranny of the gardens. It will be difficult for me to let go, if I have to move back in with my grandma at her new place, or if I have to go with my dad. My mum's trying her best to be secretive about her plans but I know about them. -_- Anyway, I'm going off to bed now. I feel SO MUCH HAPPIER AFTER THE STORM. Listening to U2 while it rains is really uplifting. Quite a change from the usual 'rainy-day' songs that used to scare the s**t out of Bobby when he was still in Singapore. *grins* Alright. Nightynight, world! =)
With or without you. LOVE THAT SONG. <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home