Saturday, August 16, 2008

Psychic Glow

The darkness within me has receded, and as the moon glows full and bright, my own heart mirrors her. I won't say that I get exactly 8 hours of sleep a night, but close enough. I've graduated from no sleep to 4-5 hours every night. It's quite an accomplishment. I wake up tired in the mornings, cranky and pessimistic for a few brief hours, but by the time the lunch hour rolls around I'm already chirpy even when the shit hits the fan. I hate the new office, by the way. But...I've taken responsibility for a lot of things lately, and I feel like everything's under control. Smoking erratically, sometimes going for days without a cig break at work, other days smoking an entire pack. But I can't deny that I have been happier this week, and I begin to believe that I can be saved. Have ignored the quiet whispers that precede me into the mansion, ignored the crows glaring at me from the wrought iron gates, ignored all those who exist outside my sphere of interest. They have taken to sleeping on the sofa in the living room, but I don't really care anymore. I have claimed this tiny space in the large house, and I am free to come and go as I please. I am tied down to nothing and no one, and my only obligations right now are to my work and my piano. I begin each day with a frown, and end every night with a smile and a heart full of hope. I wish moments like these could last forever. I am, finally, even if only for a brief period, at peace.
Thank you, Raphael, for healing my wounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home