Dark Fire
Time will soothe me, dull the raw edge of my anger that causes my throat to seal up. A reflex action, to prevent me from hurling out poisoned barbs. Night will cup me in her palm, and her children will whisper comfortingly to me, as the winds howl and race around the trees. Nature shall calm me, with her eternal grace and beauty, her cloak resplendent in a thousand colours. I shall scream, for the injustice of it all, for having seen dead people rise in my dreams. I shall rage away alone amongst the suddenly silent trees, while these powerful entities listen gravely to my mortal problems. I shall allow the dark fires to consume me, just for tonight. I will let the barriers down and yell at the world for causing its own problems, at people for their ability to hurt one another, sometimes without even knowing it. I shall rant and rave, and at the end of it, I will have to decide: Is it worth it to walk through life alone?
I walk with the hot winds of the desert, blistering and vengeful. Until Night decides to cool its fever, it is best to leave the wounded coyote alone.
I walk with the hot winds of the desert, blistering and vengeful. Until Night decides to cool its fever, it is best to leave the wounded coyote alone.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home