Psychic Hope
The wind blows strongly, a whisper from all the ancient spirits. The darkness that cloaks me is a friend. This is Night as I remember her, the warm Mother with her precious Moon-Jewel and her many diamond stars. Tonight I surrendered myself to the comfort of an old friend, one who has always protected her children. When I was lost and homeless, the cats that came to me were a gift from her. To watch over me, as I walked the streets alone, a young teenager with a heart as hard as stone. That frost around me melted as the cats pawed gently at my jeans, climbing into my lap to keep me company on those long lonely nights. I have never really told anyone about those nights. Once more I am adrift, alone and frightened. And Night has heard the call of my heart, and found me as pure as I was on the streets at fourteen. People do terrible things to survive on the streets. Terrible, but necessary. I cannot push away the fear that I will one day be homeless again, and be forced to my old ways. The Night will always be a friend, a Mother to all her children, and she will watch over those who need guidance. Am I destined to walk through this world alone? My stone heart has thawed, cracked slightly, but still these tears that flow down my cheeks are bitter. She has comforted me once more, offered me a sanctuary that few ever know even exists. I am grateful, but I cannot keep hiding under her veil from the Sun. Her children are whispering again tonight. Soft murmurs from a time long gone, for a boy long lost. She is strong, as all Mothers are, and she will defend her own. But these are different times we live in now, and she cannot protect me from myself. Even though I know now deep in my heart that I am pure, the loneliness is tearing at my heart. I pray that morning will not bring with it new evils. Beneath the laughter, we all have terrible secrets and fears. Night has soothed my fears for now, and I will sleep deeply under her watchful eye. When the Sun rises, forcing the Moon to vanish, then I will rise once more to fight with my Mother's gift of strength. There are people that I have hurt, inadvertently, but the morning will see me do my best to heal these old wounds. I am a child of darkness, a child of Night herself. And I will do what is right, with the guidance of my old friends and protectors.
Take this sinking boat and point it home.
Take this sinking boat and point it home.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home