Dark Reins
Stay the horses. The pull is immense, but I fight it desperately. Night's soft wings have enveloped the land, and her velvet feathers are illuminated by the full moon. I believe sleep is a lost cause tonight without my sleeping pills which I refuse to take. I feel the strong urge to roam the grounds with only my cigarettes, my shadows and my music. It is dangerous territory, especially now that I have inadvertently angered several more demons. Still, I find myself largely unafraid. The reason why I'm still here typing is that true night has yet to begin. I have reined my horses in for now, and I must continue to do the same. My fiery threads must not touch anyone else, because the whispers have begun once more and the murder of crows have begun to wing their way towards me. I do what I can, but I refuse to ask for divine assistance...even as the shadowy tendrils curl themselves around my throat. I have always been aloof, and it is time to distance myself from the constructs of this reality and reaffirm my position as King. Glenn, you know what? It's fine. Leave me without saying a word. Someone put a point to my heart today and it made me see the truth of what we're doing to each other, for all the wrong reasons in the world. So go, fly away, while I work to rebuild the kingdom I've long neglected. When you return, I will no longer be the little boy that needs your protection or your wings to shield me.
So the beast resides in me, deep down I always knew.
So the beast resides in me, deep down I always knew.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home