Psychic Pain
I will always be the Dark Prince, powerful but lonely. I have fought to gain my status as a legend, and now when the hammer comes down upon me, we shall see if my powers are enough to protect me from persecution. The ravens have returned, and I welcome them with open arms. They are my only allies in these dark days. My days are filled with joy and laughter, happiness at the acceptance I've found in the arms of my companions. My J is always by my side, making sure that my illusion of normalcy is formed. My nights are filled with wondrous magic, surrounded by blossoming flowers and the sweet scent of my garden. I have lost track of what day it is, only knowing that this month will be peaceful for me. Still, my raw strength and many gifts make my companions uneasy, and they have been subtly urging me not to abuse my powers. I wonder, at times, if there is truth to what they say. I have enchanted many mortals, and they are mostly under my spell, and they are my 'shields' when things go wrong. But my steadfast friends do not approve of my methods, and they have been relentless in their quest to sway me. Even my J has expressed disapproval. So be it. I will not enchant anyone else, if only to eliminate the disappointment in J's eyes. GS is slowly drifting back to me, and I cannot do anything but watch. You win some, you lose some. It will be a trying month, and my cards never lie. But my steely resolve will not waver, and I will emerge unscathed and better for it when it's all over. I look forward to spending a day tomorrow in the warm sun with my J and GS, TQ be damned. Only a few threads left, and the blade is in my hand. It is my call, and soon I will sing its swansong. But until then, I am content, for I have my J with me in this troubled time.
I will see my cats this Friday. My little snow leopard and the little kitten.
I will see my cats this Friday. My little snow leopard and the little kitten.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home