Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dark Shadow

The darkness that has been swirling around me unseen has solidified. After weeks and months of light, it has finally found a chink in my armour. My sandman has mysteriously vanished, and at a time when I really could use some rest, I am denied even that. Fuck. I'm sitting in the garden, with coke and cigarettes, and I am determined to sit out the night and wait for the current wave of darkness to pass. Soon my thoughts will stabilise, and the murder of crows will leave me when they realise that my humanity will be my salvation. That with my darkness comes light, and I will never be one without the other. Then the crows will leave me, and I will be sane once more. But for now, Night rules with her minions of darkness, and my candle grows dim. I'm tired of fighting, but I also know that I will never lay my swords down when faced with a fight. I'm waiting for dawn to break, and for the Solar Chariot to burn this latest layer of darkness away from the world and from me. I'm trying. I'm trying. I'm trying my hardest to fight these demons on my own. But sometimes, we all need a little outside help. I don't want to do this on my own, but sometimes, that's how it is. And this is how it will be from now on. My darkness will be my own to fight. And in my moments of light, I hope to negate whatever wrongs I may have done by helping everyone I can.
A lone wolf howls at the full moon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home