Dark Paths
Knowledge without application becomes worthless. Power without direction is dangerous. I have chosen my path, and I shall stay true to it, even if it leads me into the bowels of Hell. The answer solidified itself in my mind when I was given a choice between light and dark. I instinctively reached out for the dark cards. They sang softly in my fingers when I slid them out of their protective cover. And they rekindled the fire in me I thought would never burn again. ...Then the memory of a covenant from long ago burned through the fog of Time, reminding me once more that I had sworn to keep away from these paths of darkness that lead to terrible power, and also to terrible destruction and pain for the people who stray too close to me. But I am no longer the apprentice without experience. And our vows no longer have value or meaning. I am finally ready to announce my alignment with the darker forces at work in our world. I will wield both light and dark, and I will maintain a delicate balance of both forces within me.
I've missed this feeling of raw power...
I've missed this feeling of raw power...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home