Psychic Surge
I am here in Hougang for perhaps the last night. This place is no longer home. That security was wrested from me too long ago, and now I'm spreading my wings and finding my way in the world. I've said my goodbyes, and it is time to start focusing on what I should be doing. I have a job that I love now, and a temporary roof over my head. It's time to fly, Faiz. I've gone through hell over the past 22 years of life, endured toxic shit most people don't even know exist on God's green Earth. I've seen the face of evil up close and personal, I've punched that face square in the jaw and survived to fight another day. I have lived my life believing that the pure and just will be sheltered by God's love, and tonight, as my wings flare wide open under the dome of Night, I thank each and everyone of my friends for having supported me thus far. I will prove, if not to that bastard, to you, to myself, that I am worthy of living here under the stars, wherever I may call home. I have fought tooth and nail to get to where I am, I have stumbled more times than I can count, I have struggled to make sense of this world in all its imperfect beauty, and now I will stand on my own. I have no family, I am an orphan adopted from the streets, and the streets have been my home for far too long. Those days are over, and now the fires will cleanse me and reforge me a stronger character, one strong enough to stand tall and proud before the light of God. I love you all, for tiding me through the bad times and holding my hands when I was battered and broken. I am whole now, and the world is mine for the taking. A whisper on the wind reaches me, the front door wide open in anticipation of my flight. Voles-tu, mon petit papillon. I will, Gabriel. Thanks, Michael. Love you, Dumpling. Wherever I make my home, my heart is yours, and my brothers have my soul. Here's to a better future, and to security in that future.
I am worthy of your love and acquaintance.
I am worthy of your love and acquaintance.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home